What We Believe
- that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, revealed from God to man, the infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice.
- in the One true God, eternally self-existent, self-revealed “I AM”, One embodying the principles of relationship and association within the Godhead as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus Christ possesses all attributes which He shares with the Father and the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to heaven, in His personal return to earth to receive the Church unto Himself at the rapture and establish His millennial kingdom for a thousand years.
- that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, possessing all attributes of personality and deity as the Father and Son; that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for man’s salvation; that baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking a new language is granted to those who seek for it empowering them for service and Christian living; in the sanctifying power and His indwelling presence enables the Christian to live a sanctified and holy life.
- that the only means of being justified and cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the shed blood of Christ.
- that divine healing of physical infirmities and sickness is provided in answer to a believing prayer through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
- in the ministration of the church’s two sacraments – “Water Baptism” by immersion and the “Lord’s Supper” or communion using the symbolical elements of the bread and fruit of the vine as the body and the blood of Christ.
- in the resurrection of both the unsaved and the dead in Christ, one to eternal punishment in hell and the other to everlasting life in the presence of God and the redeemed.
- that the “Church” is composed of all “born-again” believers who are called out for assembly and fellowship for the worship of His Holy Name and has been chosen for the specific purpose of sharing the free gift of salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, making disciples of all men.